Puppy Start Right Preschool is for puppies from 9-20 weeks of age.
Start date: Sunday, April 23rd, 2023 (no class May 10th & May 22nd)
End date: Sunday, May 28th, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm PDT
A maximum of 2 persons per dog may attend.
This Science & Rewards Based Training course is 5 weeks in length, 60 minutes each week.
Throughout classes we will touch on these important subjects:
- Proper Socialization & Play
- How to observe and reward good behaviour
- Classical Conditioning & Desensitization
- Puppy Development & Needs
- Trouble shooting common behaviours, biting, stealing things, house training & fear
We'll teach you about the importance of setting your puppy up for success, how to read dog body language so your pups growing experiences can be positive.
- Enrichment activities - Sniffing, Foraging,
- Exploring Novel Objects > building confidence
- Learn Body awareness through Movement
- Husbandry (preparing your puppy for vet examination / grooming)
- Resource Guarding Prevention
While Playing Fun Games and Interacting with your Puppy, you'll be Luring, Capturing & Shaping and introducing your puppy to:
- Nose to Targeting
- Name Recognition / Eye contact
- Go to your place - mat
- Sit, Down,
- Take / Give / Drop
- Leave it
- Intro to Loose Leash Walking
- Intro to Come when called
- Meet & greet / Meet NO greet (both dogs and humans)
Location: Training Center - 305 Cedar Street, New Westminster, BC
Cost - $295.00 plus tax
Questions, please email email@example.com
* We are unable to offer make up classes, please make arrangements to attend all classes.