Teen Manners is for ages 5 - 12 months of age.
The SOME training is better than NO training, LIMITED TIME OFFER
We know these days that people are traveling a lot, vacations are abundant now with Covid Restrictions lifted, and so until Labour Day weekend... if you know in advance of registering that you will be away and will a miss class, (maximum of 1 session), let us know the date and don't pay for it!
Simply enter Promo Code Prorate-1 at check out and get $59.00 off (before taxes)
Start date: Saturday, June 10th, 2023
End date: Saturday, July 22nd, 2023
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm PDT
Victoria Stilwell Academy - Certified Dog Trainer
This group class is the perfect transition from Puppy Start Right Pre-School, however there is no pre-requisite.
These social butterflies often lack impulse control, and want to greet everyone, so we'll be working on that!
This Science & Reward Based Training runs for 5 consecutive weeks for 60 minutes. A maximum of 2 persons per dog may attend.
Throughout classes we will touch on these important subjects specific to Adolescence:
- Behaviour changes that occur during adolescence
- Common adolescent dog behaviour concerns: counter surfing, barking, destructive chewing, biting and mouthing during play/when excited.
- Adolescent fear periods (what are they, when do they typically occur, signs your dog is entering a fear period, what to do during this time)
- Meeting adolescent dog’s needs (physical exercise, mental stimulation, enrichment, social needs, rest)
While Playing Fun Games and Interacting with your Teen, you'll be Luring, Capturing & Shaping and introducing your Teen to:
- Attention & engagement (pattern games, captured attention)
- Polite greetings - Dog / Human
- Polite greetings - Dog / Dog (practice with gate in between)
- Nose to hand targeting
- Settling and relaxation (rewarding calm behaviour, mat training, calm down routine)
- Building calm and focus around distractions (engage-disengage, pattern games)
- Loose leash walking & Recall
Location: Training Center - 305 Cedar Street, New Westminster, BC
Cost - $295.00 plus tax
Questions, please email Cathie @ email@example.com
* We are unable to offer make up classes, please make arrangements to attend all classes.
There are NO REFUNDS for unscheduled missed classes.