*** Classes are currently smaller to ensure social distancing, during the World Pandemic ***
Puppy Kindergarten is for pups under 18 weeks of age.
This Science & Rewards Based Training course is 5 weeks in length, consecutive weeks. (no classes on statutory holidays)
A maximum of 2 persons per puppy may attend. Limited numbers due to the pandemic and being indoors.
Throughout classes we will touch on these important subjects:
- Proper Socialization
- Classical Conditioning & Desensitization
- Puppy Development & Needs
- Trouble shooting common behaviours & fear
We'll teach you about the importance of setting your puppy up for success, how to read dog body language so your pups growing experiences can be positive.
- Enrichment activities - Sniffing, Foraging,
- Exploring Novel Objects > building confidence
- Learn Body awareness through Movement
- Husbandry (preparing your puppy for vet examination / grooming)
While Playing Fun Games and Interacting with your Puppy, you'll be Luring, Capturing & Shaping and introducing your puppy to:
- Nose to Targeting
- Name Recognition / Eye contact
- Go to your mat
- Sit, Down,
- Take / Give
- Off / Leave it
- Intro to Loose Leash Walking
- Intro to Come when called
- Meet & Greet (without jumping)
- Meet no Greet (impulse control)
Enrolled Students will get full access to our free Private Community Training Support Group, packed with everything discussed in class, demo videos and more!
Location: Training Center - 305 Cedar Street, New Westminster, BC
Cost - $295.00 plus tax
* We are unable to offer make up classes, please make arrangements to attend all classes.