Basic Life Skills & Manners is for pups over 6 months of of age.
This Science & Rewards Based Training course is 5 weeks in length, consecutive weeks. (no classes on statutory holidays)
A maximum of 2 persons per dog may attend. Limited numbers due to the pandemic and being indoors.
Throughout classes we will touch on these important subjects:
- The importance of setting your dog up for success
- How to read dog body language so your dog's experiences can be positive.
- Trouble shooting common behaviours
While Playing Fun Games and Interacting with your Dog, you'll be introduced to a variety of life skills!
(distractions will be added as weeks progress)
- Name Recognition / Eye contact
- Sit / Down / Stand > Parallel
- Give / Drop / Leave it (off)
- Go to your Mat
- Wait (similar to stay but with freedom to sit/ stand or down)
- Move away / get behind me
Good Outdoor Manners are the key to harmonious walks. You'll learn:
- Connected Loose Leash Walking
- Come when called
- Meet no Greet (impulse control)
- Polite Greetings
- Look at That / Engage & Disengage (dealing with 'distractions')
Enrolled Students will get full access to our free Private Community Training Support Group, packed with everything discussed in class, demo videos and more!
Location: Training Center - 305 Cedar Street, New Westminster, BC
Cost - $295.00 plus tax * NO CLASS OCTOBER 10th, Happy Thanksgiving!
* We are unable to offer make up classes, please make arrangements to attend all classes.